Sunday, June 10, 2012

SUMMERTIME AND THE LIVING IS EASY...

So, after watching the 66th Tony Awards last night, I realized that shows are now owned by their authors.  There was "Arthur Miller's Death of a Salesman," "Gore Vidal's The Best Man," and "The Gershwins' Porgy and Bess." As opposed to the shows of the same title written by other people.  


I was delighted to see wins for Steve Kazee in "Once" and Audra McDonald in "Porgy and Bess." Three years ago I got to enjoy seeing them together in "110 in the Shade."  Or is that "Tom Jones and Harvey Schmidt's 110 in the Shade?" Whatever the case, they are forever linked in my mind, and so it was appropriate that they each won the leading performance trophies on the same night. Lovely speeches from both of them, too, and--as if that's not enough--their shows were awarded best revival and best musical, respectively.


Well, as the venerable Ms. McDonald sings 8 times a week, it's "summertime and the living is easy," so I thought, what better time to officially launch my blog. 


My plans for Eyecons is to create the quintessential blog for the erudite lover of fine things and great looking men. You can be a gay man, a straight woman, or a lesbian or straight man who likes fine things but ignores the fellas, or a devoutly gay man who likes the fellas but ignores the other. Whoever you are, Welcome! 


If you are a guest at JustADream, I am the poster known as Derek4more.  I will get into my coitus Internetus another time. For now, I want to get things started on the right foot. 


For visitors to JAD, Famous Males Forums, or any other forum site in which famous hot men are discussed, especially if they get naked, you are familiar with what I call the Cap-n-Clip posters. These are fabulous dudes who capture pics and create clips of the aforementioned hot famous men getting into states of undress. In my next post I will present my own first ever cap-n-clip, and what I hope will be the start of something fun and exciting here at my blog.


Welcome everyone. The waves are lapping at the shore, the sun is bearing down and making our skins warm, and with the bursting glass of a champagne bottle, I christen this cruise ship EYECONS!

2 comments:

  1. After reading your ideas and observations for over a decade now, I can say you're long overdue for your own blog, Derek! I will be checking here often to see your latest musings and sightings of hotties. I wish you all the best on your maiden voyage through the blogosphere, though from the looks of things on your Joel Rush post, "maiden" might be a bit of a misnomer! It looks like a lot of fun!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will we see pics of the person behind the smart, friendly, kind wordsmith known as Derek4More?!? Inquiring minds want to know ;)

    Good luck on your blog endeavour my friend :)

    Bill

    ReplyDelete